"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

August 18, 2008

Mini Vacations

The first weekend in August Laila and I met my mom and sister in Micanopy, FL for a girl's weekend! We stayed in a beautifiul Bed and Breakfast and did some antique shopping. Even though it was hard to be away from daddy for the first time for one night, we had a blast! (I don't know if I can say the same though for the other guests in the Bed and Breakfast when Laila was in one of her fussy moods at bed time!!! I'm afraid the walls were a little thin! Oh well!)

Grammy & Laila in front of our Bed & Breakfast



Aunt Holly & Laila

Waking up from a morning nap! (My camera was a little foggy for some reason)

Taking a break from shopping



On Nate's day off during the first week of August we took a day trip to St. George Island, which isn't too far from Tallahassee. We had beautiful weather and Laila really seemed to enjoy it. We had a big canopy with a little portable bassinet for her to sleep in (thanks to my Aunt DeDe for letting us borrow that!). It felt nice to sit back and enjoy the breeze in the shade and to get some sun!


1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the little antique stores in Micanopy! What a fun girls weekend!