"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

February 7, 2009

8 months old!

Laila turned 8 months old on February 2nd! She weighs about 19 pounds now and is 27 inches long. She is growing up so quickly and learning so much every day! She has started saying syllables like bababa, and she likes to imitate things that we do like making funny noises and waving bye. She is still mainly doing the military crawl (with some occasional rolls) to get around everywhere. She gets up on her hands and knees and can crawl for a few steps, but she has not quite mastered it yet and seems to prefer to do the military crawl at this point. She is getting better and faster at it though each day, so we went and did some minor baby proofing like putting a safety gate in front of the fireplace and plug covers in the electrical outlets. I've got to watch her close now! She has started pulling herself up some too! We lowered her crib when she learned to sit herself up, which is a good thing, because I caught her pulling herself up in the crib recently. Speaking of her crib, she is thankfully sleeping so much better now. After the move to Orlando she wasn't sleeping as well, but now, to Mommy's relief (well really everybody's relief), she is finally sleeping through the night again! We are also very thankful that Laila has remained healthy, even through this cold and flu season. We pray that she will continue to stay healthy, learn more and more each day, and grow into a Godly and happy young lady one day!



8 months old...such a sweetie!



I could just squeeze her little chubby cheeks all day long!



I love kisses, hugs, and tickles from Aunt Holly and Daddy!







I love you Grandpa Lail but please don't eat my oatmeal!


Having lunch with Grandpa Schuck!



Having fun playing with my toys!






Relaxing with Daddy on the couch!



No comments: