"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in North Carolina

This year we got to spend Thanksgiving in North Carolina with Joy's family! Despite the long drive, we had a blast! We rented a cabin for 3 nights in Valle Crucis, NC, which is close to Boone. The cabin was just a few minutes away from our aunt and uncle's mountain house, so we got to spend Thanksgiving Day with them as well. We also enjoyed celebrating Nana's 71st birthday on Thanksgiving Day! The weather was very cold during our stay and we even got to see some snow! If you look closely at the jacuzzi picture, you can see the snow flurries coming down on Nate, Matt, Robin, Holly & Dad! Below, check out more pictures from our trip! (Also notice the huge scary bear above the fireplace!)

Nate and I are so grateful that we got to spend Thanksgiving in North Carolina this year! It was a wonderful time to reflect on all the blessings God has given us. We are really looking forward to seeing the rest of our family that we missed at Thanksgiving for Christmas!











1 comment:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Okay I'm assuming that this is in the mountains because we spent Thanskgiving in VA and the weather was pretty warm 65-75, how crazy. Well looks like you guys had a good time :-)