Although I would much rather be holding her in my arms right now, I'm trying to find some positive reasons for Paityn's delay. One thing is that it's given me more time to prepare mentally and emotionally for her birth and get a little more organized at home. We have also been able to make some more memorable moments with Laila before we become a family of 4. She has been saying the funniest things lately and always keeps us laughing with her goofy little ways! She talks about Paityn all the time and is so excited to meet her...I think she is going to be an awesome big sister and I can't wait to see them together! Nate also had the opportunity to compete in his first triathlon this past weekend. Unfortunately, it was very early in the morning and I was feeling too miserable to get out of the house, but our friends got some really good pictures for me to see. He did so great and I am so proud of him! Can't wait to be cheering him on at the next one with both of our girls there as well!
Well, back to Paityn! Many of you know that we are planning on having Paityn's birth at the Heart 2 Heart Birth Center. The midwives and every one there have been wonderful and I feel very much at peace about being in their care. I have no idea how the whole thing will end up playing out in the end with her birth experience, but I know I am in good hands and that no matter what happens Paityn and I will be well taken care of. Since I'm past due and 41 weeks now, I had to have an ultrasound today. They said everything looked good and Paityn is doing great! I guess she is just comfy in there and not quite ready to make an appearance :) We've started doing some natural induction techniques, but it seems like they will give me at least a few more days to see if she comes on her own before we take the next steps of induction. I would like to do things as natural as possible, so as long as we are both healthy, I'm trying to be patient and not rush things along too much. We'll see what happens! I know the Lord has a plan for all of this and I am constantly in prayer asking Him to protect her and give me wisdom and guidance each step of the way (just like I'll be doing for the rest of her life!). I would really appreciate your continued prayers as well for a safe delivery and for her health....I truly covet your prayers!
Hope you enjoy the pictures below, and hopefully next time I'm writing on here will be to announce Paityn's arrival!!!
Slideshow of Nate's first triathlon....so proud of you Daddy!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment