"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

April 16, 2009

A little visit from the Rimpf Family

Tonight we got to catch up with some old family friends from North Carolina, The Rimpfs! Mrs. Rimpf (Cindy!), her oldest son Brian, his sweet wife Lauren, and their two adorable little boys Carter (3 years) and Greyson (almost 5 months) came over for dinner along with my mom, dad, sister, and brother. Brian and his family are on a little road trip right now and are here in Orlando for a few days doing Disney, Animal Kingdom, and all that fun stuff! They surprised Mrs. Rimpf and flew her down to Orlando for a few days so she could go to the parks with them and get to catch up with a few of her old friends as well.


The Rimpfs lived in Orlando and were friends with my parents before I was born, so they have known me my whole life! As Brian puts it, we used to be playpen buddies! :) We were even the flower girl and ring bearer together in his aunt's wedding. They are such a sweet family and it was great to catch up with them. Hopefully one day we'll get to reconnect with Mr. and Mrs. Rimpfs other kids, Kevin, Bridget, and Nathan! It has been way too long since we've seen all of them! I know my parents miss Cindy and Anton and have so many good memories with them! I have heard many fun stories of their crazy times together!


Here are a few pictures from the old days! I think the first two must have been at Easter time and the third one is from Cindy's sister's wedding. My, how things change! Brian is about a foot and a half taller than me now! I don't know for sure but he must be at least 6'8''!
















The pictures below are from tonight of our kids! After they left, I was mad at myself for not taking pictures of us all grown up now, but we at least got a few cute ones of our children!


I love how baby Greyson is not even 5 months old yet and is almost the same height and weight as Laila! He is a healthy big boy and one of the cutest things I've ever seen!



Greyson!




Laila, Carter, and Greyson
(Love how Laila is starting to blink her eyes again before the camera even flashes! I think that is a sign that I take too many pictures! Hopefully her eyesight won't be affected!)




Carter giving Laila a ride around the house!



We had a great time tonight guys! Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to hang out with us! Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: