"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!



Nate is celebrating his 30th birthday today! This has been a big year for him. He has become a dad this year and is now celebrating a milestone birthday. We love him so much and hope he has a wonderful day. He is the best husband and daddy we could have ever asked for. God has definitely blessed Laila and I beyond our greatest expectations. The greatest thing about him to me is that he tries to seek God's will for his life in all he does, and that he truly loves and cares for his family and friends so much. Even when he is not calling or talking to people he loves all the time, they are constantly in his prayers when we pray together. Our life is FAR from perfect, but having him as a husband and life partner makes the difficult times so much easier. I know we wouldn't be the family we are today if it weren't for your love, support, and prayers, so thank you! I hope you don't mind me bragging about my hubby but I just want to make sure he knows on his birthday how proud we are of him and how much he is loved. Okay...I'll get off my soapbox now! :)

This past weekend his family and I planned a SURPRISE party for his big 3-0! We pulled off the surprise and had a great time. Thank you so much to all who made this happen and for those of you that were able to come. We had a blast! Here is a little note that Nate wanted to add himself:


It was such a blessing to have all my family and friends surprise me for my 30th birthday! I truly had no idea that Joy and my family had planned me a party and thank you all for taking the time to come and celebrate. To know that I am loved by so many is a wonderful and humbling feeling. As I look back on my life up to this point, many of my most treasured memories have been shared in your presence. It's been an honor and privileged to have those moments with you and I am grateful for how each has enriched my life over the years.

Now looking forward, I can't help but wonder what the Lord has planned for me and my beautiful family. With that in mind, I recall one of my favorite verses, Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know that plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." With that promise and the love of my family and friends I have no fear of what tomorrow holds. I am excited about the adventure each day brings and the hope found in the words of the Lord. No matter what the years ahead will bring, I am certain that the moments shared with each of you will continue to bless my life. ~Nate


Enjoy all the pics! If you were there and took some other good pics, please send them our way!

The birthday boy with his wife & daughter!




My bundle of joy!


Joy's brother Matt, sister Holly, and cousin Melissa

(and sleeping beauty)!



The Moss Family


Aunt Bekah & Laila



Laila's Grandpa and Great Grandpa Lail



Great Grandma Phelps & Laila



Great Grandpa Phelps & Laila





Laila's Grammy, Great Grandparents, and 2nd cousin Melissa





Jake, Uncle Matt, and Jeremy


Ansley, Carey, Joy & Laila


Robert and Donna



Barbara, Becky, Peggy, and Jim




Trying to count all the candles!



Greg and Donna


Laila with her Great Aunt Cathy, Aunt Susie, and Nonna

The Almons with Nate's Uncle Rich

(thanks again for letting us use your house Uncle Rich!)


Aunt Susie, Laila, and Oma


Great Grandpa and Grandma Lail



The Ryckman Family



Linda and Bekah



Grandpa Schuck and Laila



Nate with his mom and sisters, just before they threw him in the pool!



Here are some other pictures from October that I thought you would enjoy. There are also 2 short videos at the end!

No we didn't put marshmellows in her cheeks for this picture!


No more leaving her unbuckled in her chair...she likes to squirm out of it!


Caroline and Laila...one of Laila's very first friends in Tallahassee



Hanging out with her 2nd cousins Natalie and Eli




Laila with her Great Nana...she's going to miss her!


The following video is of Laila's crazy Grandpa Lail! Needless to say, between his Harley, his scooter, his hunting stories, etc., Laila has a lot to look forward to! Well, at least a lot of good laughs to look forward to! :)





This next video is of Laila sucking on her toes! Too funny!


No comments: