Paityn is doing great, but unfortunately we are still in the hospital with her. They had taken her shortly after birth to the transitional nursery to monitor her breathing, etc. After more time and tests, they determined that she had some kind of infection. They don't know exactly what caused it, but they decided to transfer her to the NICU and keep her for some extra days so she can complete a full round of antibiotics to be on the safe side. It has been very difficult to see all the cords and monitors they hook to her as they monitor things, but I am so thankful I have been able to stay with her and continue to nurse her and be with her thru it all. Our family and friends have been a huge help with Laila, meals, and everything else this week. Knowing Laila is in good hands, has definitely made it slightly easier for me to be away. I've been able to spend some time with her here and there, but I miss her so much! She ran up and gave me a big hug yesterday and I felt like she had gotten bigger and grown up so much since I saw her last. I hate that Laila hasn't officially met Paityn yet...she's only been able to see her through the glass at the nursery. Definitely not how I hoped it would be the first time she saw her, but soon enough they'll get to be together and start their lives as sisters! The only upside of all this is that I've been able to have some one-on-one bonding time with Paityn. She is so precious and reminds me so much of Laila as a baby. I can't wait to get Paityn home and to get back into a routine with our little family of 4. I can't wait for you all to meet her!! It's hard to believe she'll be a week old already when we take her home on Saturday. I am counting down the days and hours!
We really appreciate all the calls, sweet messages, gifts, meals, and visitors so far this week. I haven't done the best job of getting good pictures of Paityn or of everyone whose come to see her, but I know you'll still enjoy the pictures and memories I have captured so far of our new precious daughter!

1 comment:
Joy, brad and I both have been praying for all of you. I can't imagine how rough this is on you physically and emotionally. We are happy she is a trooper and a fighter. We hope to hear good news soon about her arrival home.
Post a Comment