"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here one hour I would die for you."

.........................................................

May 17, 2009

Laila at 11+ months

I know I'm a week late, but I hope all you Momma's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! My first official Mother's Day was very nice. I don't have any pictures from that day as we really didn't do much. We just stayed around the house for the most part and enjoyed spending some time together as a family. I couldn't have asked for anything better! I love our little family! I am SO grateful to be a Mommy to my sweet little Laila!

Well, Laila is 11 1/2 months old now and doing great! We can't believe we are going to be celebrating her 1st year in a few short weeks! It seems like she is learning so much every day. We love how she waves hi and bye, gives kisses and hugs, blows kisses, shows how big she is with her hands, and tries to imitate us in everything we do! It's amazing to us that she understands so much of what we are saying (now we really have to be careful about what we say around her)!! It is so cute how she tries to converse with us too. Even though she thinks she is having a full conversation with us, we have no idea what she is saying! Her little baby language cracks us up and is so adorable! Even though it is still baby talk and a little difficult to understand if you don't know what you're listening for, there are a few words that are becoming easier to understand like Scooter, Daddy, hey or hi, bye, uh-oh, Papa, Holly, and Joy. In fact, we determined at the end of April that Scooter is her first official word!!! (Scooter is Aunt Holly's dog!) Most people don't believe us when we say that, but it's true! At the end of this post you can watch a few video clips I took of her calling his name. She isn't saying it as clear as she does sometimes, but you can definitely still hear it. We think it's so cute to hear her say his name. She loves him! In fact, every time she hears a dog bark she says Scooter. She even tried to eat his food one time which horrified Mommy, but luckily Aunt Holly and Mommy were able to get it out before she swallowed it. Holly and Scooter have been staying with us these past few months, but they just moved to a new home this weekend. We are going to miss them so much, but I'm sure we will still see them a bunch. Hopefully it will work out for Laila and I to watch Scooter on some days while Holly is at work. Speaking of moving, for those of you who haven't heard yet, we are going to be moving to a new place in a few weeks too. The house we have been renting sold, so needless to say, we have been very busy looking for a new home. We don't know where we will be yet, but we are just trusting that the Lord has a plan and will take care of us. Please keep us in your prayers.


The pictures below are just random stuff that's been going on these past few weeks. Enjoy the short videos I've posted at the end as well and don't forget to turn off the music playing by scrolling down to the pink music player on the right side!!!



Laila and Aunt Bekah being silly! :)



Falling asleep on Daddy's chest just like old times!




Picnic at Lake Eola




We got to catch up with the Bailey family when they came into town at the end of April!



Sweet Ansley giving Laila kisses!



Laila wearing Oma's glasses!




How do I look Oma?





Blowing Mommy a kiss!!!






Petting Scooter!


Relaxing in Grandpa Lail's chair and trying to change the channels, which she is very good at by the way!



Laila and Aunt Susie got to hang out for a bit while Mommy & Daddy were out in search of a new house!







Laila and Scooter playing!







Laila giving Aunt Susie kisses!






Cuddling with Aunt Susie...so sweet!




Crawling in to the cabinet to see what else she can find!




Looking at Mommy through the water bottle!





I'm so big!




No hands!







Video of Laila blowing kisses and showing how big she is!






Video of Laila being tickled by Daddy!




Video of Laila's first word...Scooter!




Where's Scooter?




Video of Laila playing with Scooter




Another video of Laila saying Scooter's name

No comments: