As it gets closer to Laila's birthday, I find myself dreaming all the time. Will she have her mama's smile? Will she have her daddy's long legs? (Please Lord, let her have her daddy's long legs!) We absolutely can't wait to meet her! Even though there are babies being born everyday around the world, the whole process truly is a miracle. I just continue to pray everyday that she will remain healthy and that we will be able to hold her in our arms and bring her home from the hospital in less than 17 weeks.
God has allowed me to play so many roles in my life up to this point - daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin, wife, teacher, friend, but I am so looking forward to my new favorite role - Mommy!!! Nate and I both feel so honored that God has entrusted us with so much!
By the way, we've chosen Laila's middle name to be Grace. Thanks so much for taking time to vote on our poll! It looks like most of you thought Grace was the best choice as well!
Baby Belly - 23 weeks

7 comments:
Joy's getting a baby bump!!!! You look awesome Joy! Can't wait to see it in person! We love you guys! Also, Laila Grace is perfect!
Laila Grace is a beautiful name. Although I voted for Adair, since that's my middle name :) You look great!
I love Laila Grace, that was my vote :) you look GREAT Joy! and honestly whoever Laila looks like, she'll be beautiful...she's getting some good genes! :)
Hey! Congrats on having a girl! You are going to have a blast, and probably go broke buying all the cute girl clothes! I don't know if you have heard this song.. but Colbie Caillat has this song out called Capri.. You gotta listen to it. It is about a momma and the little girl inside her tummy. Makes me cry every time I hear it! (probably still the hormones after just having a baby! I am not sure if they will ever be the same! Just wait!!) Have fun though!
.....just in case you do not know who I am from my blogger name... I graduated with Matt from TFA.. Courtney Pennington...
awww the baby belly is too cute!! The thing I miss most about being pregnant is feeling Gabe move around...I couldn't get enough :-)
Hi Joy - this is a random comment, but Scot and Stacy McClamma stayed with us in Memphis this weekend and we made the connection that we both knew you. Scot's brother, Derek Worthington, was my youth minister in high school. Small world!!
Heather
Nice middle name!!!! Having Grace be my middle name too, I have to let you know, she will fall all the time! I know I do!!!!
~Cheryl Grace Hancock
Post a Comment